Monday, March 28, 2011

What We ( ADULTS) Can Learn From Kids

I came across these two stories (weblinks) this past week and they have really been on my heart.

The first one is about a young girl, Alyssia, whose dream was to play on her middle school basketball team however she has been battling leg defects. The doctors told her that they can shorten both of her limbs or amputate one leg. She chose to amputate her leg. However before she did, she got to play basketball on her middle school's team. Not only is that part of the story touching, her attitude towards this whole process is just beautiful. In the end of the interview She said she would like to tell her children and those around her that "God made you and you're beautiful in every way." This just touched my heart. While most 12-year olds are worried about their hair, makeup, and zits here she is LOSING A LEG and seeing the absolute positivity that comes from it! She has such great perseverance and a strong spirit. I hope we can all learn a little from her.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/blog/prep_rally/post/Middle-schooler-postpones-amputation-to-fulfill-?urn=highschool-wp345

I cannot stop thinking about this next story I found. Nine year old, Anaiah saw her little sister crossing the street to the bus stop when a truck was driving across the road. Quickly, she pushed her sister out of the way and got hit by the truck. She lost her leg and kidney but is so happy that she is alive today. Her self-less act AT 9 YEARS OLD is just truly inspiring.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110323/ts_yblog_thelookout/nine-year-old-loses-leg-while-saving-little-sisters-life

What if we all took the time and thought about the positive things in life. What if we all could just think about people than ourselves? What if we all could have a little Anaiah and Alyssia inside of us? The world would be a better place. I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. My heart was with the little girl who sacrificed herself to save a sister. What a story this is. I am amazed at the instinct to help those we love, even when we might get hurt.

    The other story was new to me! Thanks for sharing it.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete