Monday, February 28, 2011

What in Your Classroom Brings You JOY?

This post is about the happy things that I have experienced while being in a K class this semester. It's so easy to focus on the negative things but I am really trying to work on that and seek out the things that truly bring me joy :)

1. Swinging on the swingset during recess..even if you have 8 other kids swinging around you too. What can I say, it's theraputic.

2. Random hugs: Students will just walk past you and hug you. Sometimes the child doesn't say anything or even have a reason except just want to hug.

3. Fun craft projects like making Lincoln's log cabin out of chocolate frosting and pretzels or creating 100 day mix getting 10 of 10 different types of candy.

4. The fact that attitudes and hormones are almost non-exsistent...they are 5 going on 6!

5. Being in a classroom full of kids who serve as my going to the gym motivators "Ms. Hockenberry, I didn't know you have a baby in your belly?" or "Look, Ms. Hockenberry's baby ( as they touch my stomach)" You just gotta laugh sometimes.

6. All 14 of their somewhat toothless smiles :)

1 comment: